In our modern and fast paced society, we tend to travel constantly from location to location and are constantly faced with different products that we might not be accustomed to. These products are normally designed differently as pertaining to the market, price and location that they are built for. Hair dryers are fine examples of necessary gadgets that travelers use for their day to day beauty regimens.
However, there is constant disappointment when you get into an unfamiliar hotel or home and find that the present hair dryer is not suited for your style or lacks the features you require to attain your desired look. This is where lightweight, portable and region free dryers come in. These are the best travel hair dryer with diffuser that are suitable for traveling and work wonders in any part of the world.
Nanoe Compact Travel Hair Dryer with Quick-Dry Nozzle and Folding Handle – EH-NA27-K
– Foldable, lightweight Panasonic nanoe™ travel hair dryer makes it quick and easy to dry and style at home, work, the gym and on the go.
– Nanoe™ draws moisture from the air to infuse hair with moisture-rich particles to reduce damage caused by everyday brushing and leave hair smoother and shinier.
– Exclusive, pro-quality Quick-Dry Nozzle provides strong and soft airflows designed for concentrated styling and faster drying time.
– Powerful 1400-Watt dryer includes high, medium and cool airflow settings for different styles, drying times and hair types.
Compare Travel Hair Dryers
5 Best Hair Dryers Under $50
5 Best Hair Dryers Over $50
1. Blow Dryer With Attachments: Revlon RV544PKF 1875 Watt Full Size Turbo Hair Dryer
The Revlon hair dryer has three heat/speed settings with an inclusive cool shot button. It is provided with an airflow concentrator attachment ad has an end cap which can be easily removed to facilitate cleaning and maintenance. The hair dryer is provided with a convenient hanging ring and a six feet long power cord.
It has overall dimensions of 3.8 x 9.9 x 9.5 inches and weighs 1.7 pounds
– The Revlon Hair dryer is compact and quite lightweight.
– It dries hair quite quickly
– It is quite inexpensive
– The dryer is very loud and noisy
– It has little airflow and this limits its applications.
– It switches are tacky and of poor quality
The Revlon travel hair dryer diffuser is the cheapest hair dryer available. It is a great bargain and definitely value for money for consumers on a tight budget. It has received great raves and reviews with an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
2. Travel Blow Dryer: Babyliss Pro Tt Tourmaline Titanium Dryer
It is a fold-able travel dryer with dual voltage capabilities hence it can be used anywhere in the world. It has proprietary Tourmaline Titanium (TT) technology which generates negative ions and infrared heat that serves to eliminate the frizzy and bunched up effect by closing the hair cuticle to maintain hair with a great glossy shine. The pure gemstones of the Tourmaline variety are joined together with the ceramics.
It has a removable filter cover that allows users to access the filter in case of replacement. It has a protective cover that prevents hair from getting sucked into the dryer. Its dimensions are 5.5 x 3.1 x8.9 inches and are quite light with and overall weight of 1 pound.
It has a power rating of 1000 watts.
– It is extremely lightweight and small in size.
– It works relatively quickly and tangible results can be observed in a relatively short amount of time.
– It has a long power cord and this allows the user to move around freely
– It is not suited for people with long hair
– When the settings on the voltage selector are set to 220 volts, it tends to disable the high speed/ heat setting.
– The diffuser tends to fall off from time to time due to the high pressure airflow
– The dryer has a protective feature that shuts it down after 5 minutes of continuous use to avoid overheating.
3. Blow Dryer With Diffuser: Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic
The Conair Dryer has a powerful DC motor that allows drying of hair in record time. The Tourmaline ceramic technology prevents damage to the hair and when compared with other hair dryers in tits class produces results with less than 80 percent frizz. It has three heat and two speed settings with the inclusion of a cool shot button.
In order to allow easy cleaning and maintenance the dryer has a hinged filter. Additional grip and ergonomic handling is made possible by the no slip grip handle.
Its well-designed diffuser enables the dryer to clearly define natural waves and hair curves. Its concentrator allows the airflow to exit the dryer in a focused manner to achieve a sleek and smooth hairstyle.
The proprietary Soft Touch ionic technology does away with annoying fly-a ways and frizz effect. It has a hang ring facility that allows it to be stored easily. The dryer has a power rating of 1875 watts. Its dimensions are 10.8 x 4.3 x 8.5 Inches and weighs 1.5 pounds.
– Users can easily access the filter for routine cleaning and maintenance.
– It has a Comfortable Touch coating allowing it to remain cool to the touch during operations.
– It dries hair quite quickly as it achieves optimal heat in record time.
– With repeated use, its coating starts peeling and developing unsightly bubbles.
– It gets extremely hot with continuous use and this shortens its shelf life.
– It has poor quality flimsy switches that can prove to be quite challenging to use.
4. Blow Dryer With Nanoe: Panasonic Eh-Na65-K Smooth And Shiny Hair Dryer With Nanoe Technology
The Panasonic hair dryer features a revolutionary Nanoe technology that enables it to inject 1000 times more moisture droplets when compared with other dryers with ionic technology. It adds more fluff and relative volume to the hair and users will experience markedly reduced frizz and significantly less damage to the hair due to brushing.
The dryer is provided with 3 high quality and professional attachments which include a quick dry nozzle, set nozzle and a diffuser. It has a two speed and three temperature settings (hot, warm and cool) with and additional cool shot feature.
It has a removable filter function an is provided with a convenient 9 foot cable with a hang loop for storage. Its overall dimensions are 4.6 by 13 by 10.1 and it weighs 2.55 pounds.
– It is a high quality product with great visual appeal and is fashionably styled.
– It is relatively lightweight and quite easy to handle
– It has a long heavy duty 9 foot power cord that confers maneuverability and flexibility
– It dries hair quite fast and efficiently
– It has 3 different attachments and this can be used for a diverse number of jobs to achieve great hairs styling effects. The attachments eliminate the need to use a hair brush
– When using the drier, it has been noted that it produces plastic fumes
– Its lack of a dual voltage switch limits its usage in a variety of global locations
It has the best overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars and considering the practical features bundled into the Panasonic Hair dryer. This is definitely one of the best travel hair dryer diffuser can be used by anyone everywhere no matter the coarseness or softness of their hair.
5. Babyliss Pro Babnt5548 2000 Watt Ionic Nano Titanium With Integrated Ion Generator Hair Dryer
The hair dryer has a high power rating of 2000 watts that enables it to dry hair faster than many of its similarly priced counterparts. It has Nano Titanium technology with an integrated ion generator. It is relatively lightweight with an overall weigh of 1.8 pounds.
It has an ergonomic design allowing it to be comfortable when using it. It has 6 heat and speed settings with a cool shot button included. It is provided with a concentrator nozzle that allows users to experiment with different styling options.
It has a removable filter that allows it to be easily cleaned and maintained. Its overall dimensions are 9.2 x 3 x 10 inches and have a cord length of 8 feet and 8 inches.
– It is lightweight and compact in design and this makes it a great travel mate.
– It is easy to use and maneuver around
– It dries hair quite quickly.
– Its small nozzle can be irritating as it constantly falls off during use due to the high air pressure generated by the dryer.
– Its internal motor is often subjected to episodes of malfunction
– The airflow generated by the dryer is not strong enough to handle subjects with curly and thick hair
The Babyliss dryer has a reasonable overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. This is one of the best travel hair dryer diffuser and is light enough to fit in a compact portable bag.
6. Hair Dryer Foldable: T3 Featherweight Compact Folding Hair Dryer
The T3 hair dryer has a unique one of a kind folding handle that allows it to be stowed away with ease. It features proprietary T3 Tourmaline and Ceramic technology and additional state of the art Soft Aire technology that allows the dryer to generate high volumes of air at relatively slow and gentle speeds.
The dryer generates negative ions and far infrared heat that ensure a highly enriched and classic hair finish. The air flow exits the T3 dryer in a wide conical fashion thus enabling it to dry large sections of hair in a relatively short time.
It has dual voltage capabilities and this allows it to be used anywhere in the world. The T3 hair dryer package includes a concentrator and the dryer is built using high quality materials and it has a scratch resistant surface.
It comes with a convenient 9 foot long cord and has a portable stylish tote bag. Its overall dimensions are 9 x 4 x 9.8 inches and it weighs 1.8 pounds.
– The dryer has a relatively low noise ambient level and thus operates quietly
– It dries hair quite fast
– Its long and flexible cord allows users to enjoy maneuverability.
– Its diffuser attachments do not fit tightly enough to the hair dryer
– The hair dryer is steeply priced and is relatively expensive
The hair dryers has received surprisingly high overall customer ratings of 4.6 out of 5 stars and is quite expensive, however the dryer is definitely worth it because of its unique SoftAire feature.
7. Hair Dryer Dual Voltage: Sedu Mini Dryer
This visually appealing dryer’s design and styling is compact and has two heat and speed settings. It can be used anywhere in the world as it has dual voltage settings, a concentrator, diffuser and a portable carrying bag.
The Dryer has state of the art ceramic and Tourmaline technology which generates ions that retain shiny hair texture by sealing in the natural body moisture.
It has a power rating of 1200 watts. The Sedu dryer has dimensions of 9×3.5×5.5 inches and weighs 14.4 ounces.
– The dryer is tiny in size, compact and extremely lightweight hence it is adequate for traveling.
– Its handle folds and this feature totally come in handy when storing the product.
– It does a great job of diffusing large volumes of air and is well suited for straightening hair in a short period of time.
– It has a robust feel to it due to its rubber based housing.
– It has no cool button facility and has only two settings. The lowest setting is still too hot.
– It is difficult to use in situations where the user have to diffuse curls
– Its tiny size implies that it produces small volumes of air thus it takes time to dry hair.
– It gets hot very fast and consequently not very durable since the heat damages internal components.
The overall rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars. The fact that it gets hot very fast might be a drag, but this powerful dryer certainly makes up for it with its stellar diffuser and concentrator.
8. Lightest Travel Hair Dryer: T3 Featherweight Journey Dryer
The T3 featherweight hair dryer is compact and lightweight and best suited for travel applications. It has a convenient folding handle.
Its dual voltage capability allows it to be used anywhere in the world. It has overall dimensions of 3.5 x 9 x 9 inches and it weighs 2 pounds.
– The hair dryer does not confer significant damage to user’s hair
– The dryer is too expensive
– The T3 hair dryer heats up a lot and may not be a durable product.
– Its excessive heating makes it a dangerous product prone to electrical fires.
The T3 featherweight is clearly a poor quality product as it has received an overall customer rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars and is too expensive. The dryer is light enough for travel but could definitely do with some more useful features.
9. Hot Tools Professional Ht 1044 Ionic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer
The dryer is lightweight and has a convenient folding handle. It also has dual voltage capability with an inclusive voltage switch. It has two heat and speed settings with a convenient cool shot option.
The end cap is hinged and is also provided with a concentrator and finger diffuser and it incorporates direct ionic technology to reduce frizz. Its dimensions are 6.5 x 2.5 x 5 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds
– It is a relatively cheap hair dryer
– It heats up quite fast and dries hair quickly
– It has a significantly quiet operation
– It does not work well with curly hair
– The hinge where the handle folds tends to entangle users hair.
– The airflow is not powerful enough
– The Hot Tools hair dryer lacks an adjustment for temperature and its default blast is quite hot.
The hair dryer is moderately and has received overall consumer reviews of 4.1 out of 5 stars. This is one of the besttravel hair dryer diffuser for performing quick touch ups and does not let the user down despite being unfriendly to curly hair.
10. Sedu Revolution Pro Ionic Travel Hair Dryer
It has ceramic and tourmaline technology that ensure healthy hair with a great glossy look. It has two speed settings with a cool shot option.
It has dual voltage capabilities and can be used anywhere in the world. It has a detachable concentrator nozzle. It weighs 1.6 pounds and a power rating of 1200 watts
– It is relatively more powerful than other hair dryers in its price range.
– It dries hair very quickly.
– Its ionic feature allows it to produce desirable results.
– It is great for use with curly hair
– The power cord supplied with the dryer is quite weak and susceptible to damage
– It has a weak handle.
– It is prone to dangerous electrical fire hazards due to its poor construction.
It has an overall customer rating of a measly 3.5 out of 5 stars. The Sedu packs more power than other dryers and is a fast hair dryer, however it is quite expensive considering the dryers lackluster construction and handling.
Hair Dryer Buying Guide
Traveling involves carrying a lot of luggage and adding a heavy dryer only makes traveling less fun. You can prevent this by looking for the smallest and easily fold-able travel dryer. This folding mechanism will allow the dryer to be able to fit into the smaller pockets of your bag for easy transport.
Each continent has different electrical outputs and voltage. These countries also use different plug types and these plugs may require adapters that step up or step down the current to avoid a big mess by burning your brand new portable dryer. In the United States, electricity voltage runs at 110 volts whereas Africa, Asia, Europe and South America have a standard 220 volt output at the socket.
Every home hair dryer has a high wattage level and travel hair dryer diffusers, due to their smaller sizes tend to have smaller wattage. This will affect the overall performance therefore it is wise to seek out a travel dryer with a wattage that closely resembles your home dryer. Low wattage dryers are relatively the best for persons with short hair while high wattage dryers’ work wonders for the long haired individuals.
It is advisable to choose a dryer that is labeled as dual voltage and has a voltage switch. This will work in all zones and if the dryer does not come with one, you can always purchase a voltage converter.
Types Of Hair Dryers And How To Choose The Best Travel Hair Dryer
Frizz is unattractive to some and the best way to avoid it is by seeking a travel dryer that has ceramic elements. Such dryers are fairly more expensive but certainly do the trick when it comes to eliminating frizz. It is important to choose Ionic travel hair dryer diffusers as they give out the best drying speeds and guarantee smooth results.
A dryer that has Tourmaline will dry hair much faster and will leave hair glossy and shiny.
For those who have tightly curled hair, dryers with diffusers are the best option especially if the dryer is included with Cool shot which will help in protection from overheating.
All said and done, the best travel hair dryer diffuser come packed with powerful features and technologies while considering portability and function. To make an informed decision, consider the destination, power source, frequency of use and the hair styles that you will apply. The right hair dryer will fulfill both men and women’s beauty needs while allowing the travelers to enjoy their exhilarating travel experiences with ease.