In our modern and fast paced society, we tend to travel constantly from location to location and are constantly faced with different products that we might not be accustomed to. These products are normally designed differently as pertaining to the market, price and location that they are built for. Travel hair dryers are fine examples of necessary gadgets that travelers use for their day to day beauty regimens.
However, there is constant disappointment when you get into an unfamiliar hotel or home and find that the present hair dryer is not suited for your style or lacks the features you require to attain your desired look. This is where lightweight, portable and region free dryers come in. These are the hair dryer that are suitable for traveling and work wonders in any part of the world.
Top 10 travel blow dryer
Diffuser Attachment and Folding Handle Model
Lightweight anh Compact Model
1. Panasonic Nanoe Compact EH-NA27-K
Do you want to buy Compact Travel Hair Dryer? Are you aware of the features that you should know when making your choice? When you have information about travel hair dryer, you will be in a position to make an informed decision especially when you need a good deal. Here is a review of the compact hair dryer that you must know before buying one.
The Panasonic hair dryer features a revolutionary Nanoe technology that enables it to inject 1000 times more moisture droplets when compared with other dryers with ionic technology. It adds more fluff and relative volume to the hair and users will experience markedly reduced frizz and significantly less damage to the hair due to brushing.
Here are some of the Pros to remember:
– It is significantly less expensive with a retractable cord of 1875 watts making it among the best options that you can buy from the market. During your purchase, you are likely to make huge savings compared to other available brands for sale.
– When using it, you will dry up your hair much faster, which makes it one of the best options especially when you need the best solution.
– It is easy to maintain since you do not need much especially when you want to improve the looks of your hair.
– It can deliver a 1400-Watt power and high, cool and medium airflow settings to accommodate different hair types, styles, and drying times.
What are the Cons?
The main con is the cost especially when compared to other cheaper options available for sale in the market. You might have challenges when using it for the first time especially when you want to style your hair.
2. Travel Blow Dryer: Babyliss Pro TT Tourmaline Titanium Dryer
It is a fold-able travel dryer with dual voltage capabilities hence it can be used anywhere in the world. It has proprietary Tourmaline Titanium (TT) technology which generates negative ions and infrared heat that serves to eliminate the frizzy and bunched up effect by closing the hair cuticle to maintain hair with a great glossy shine. The pure gemstones of the Tourmaline variety are joined together with the ceramics.
It has a removable filter cover that allows users to access the filter in case of replacement. It has a protective cover that prevents hair from getting sucked into the dryer. Its dimensions are 5.5 x 3.1 x8.9 inches and are quite light with and overall weight of 1 pound.
It has a power rating of 1000 watts.
– It is extremely lightweight and small in size.
– It works relatively quickly and tangible results can be observed in a relatively short amount of time.
– It has a long power cord and this allows the user to move around freely
– It is not suited for people with long hair
– When the settings on the voltage selector are set to 220 volts, it tends to disable the high speed/ heat setting.
– The diffuser tends to fall off from time to time due to the high pressure airflow
– The dryer has a protective feature that shuts it down after 5 minutes of continuous use to avoid overheating.
The Babyliss Tourmaline Titanium dryer has a reasonable overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars and s relatively cheap. This is a bargain and value for money considering the number of features it packs.
3. X5 Superlite 1600W Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic
The first hair dryer for review is the X5 Superlite 1600W Travel Dryer. This foldable hair dryer is intended for easy packing for all your travel situations while being salon quality.
The size of the X5 superlite is a compact 7 x 3.8 x 8.8 inches. And the weight is a featherlight 1 pound.
The X5 Superlite finish is in a matte gold with a contrasting darker tone for the nozzle. The finish allows it standout in a crowd, but remain understated.
The key feature of the X5 Superlite is the solid ceramic stones in the heating element. These create a large volume of negatively charged ions which will hold moisture to give your hair a silky smooth finish. The downside to this hair dryer is no cool setting. Unfortunately, it is made with only 2 settings: low and high heat. X5 adds a 12 month limited warranty for this item.
The Amazon reviews of this product are mostly very positive. They like the lightweight construction because it is easy to handle. Users say it is salon quality housed in a travel friendly frame. There are a few negatives reviews claiming the hair dryer broke down, but these seem to be outliers. The Amazon rating is 3.8 out of 5 stars and check it out for yourself!
4. Hot Tools Professional Ht 1044 Ionic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer
The dryer is lightweight and has a convenient folding handle. It also has dual voltage capability with an inclusive voltage switch. It has two heat and speed settings with a convenient cool shot option.
The end cap is hinged and is also provided with a concentrator and finger diffuser and it incorporates direct ionic technology to reduce frizz. Its dimensions are 6.5 x 2.5 x 5 inches and weighs 1.6 pounds
– It is a relatively cheap hair dryer
– It heats up quite fast and dries hair quickly
– It has a significantly quiet operation
– It does not work well with curly hair
– The hinge where the handle folds tends to entangle users hair.
– The airflow is not powerful enough
– The Hot Tools hair dryer lacks an adjustment for temperature and its default blast is quite hot.
The hair dryer is moderately and has received overall consumer reviews of 4.1 out of 5 stars. This is one of the besttravel hair dryer diffuser for performing quick touch ups and does not let the user down despite being unfriendly to curly hair.
5. Hair Dryer Dual Voltage: Sedu Mini Dryer
This visually appealing dryer’s design and styling is compact and has two heat and speed settings. It can be used anywhere in the world as it has dual voltage settings, a concentrator, diffuser and a portable carrying bag.
The Dryer has state of the art ceramic and Tourmaline technology which generates ions that retain shiny hair texture by sealing in the natural body moisture.
It has a power rating of 1200 watts. The Sedu dryer has dimensions of 9×3.5×5.5 inches and weighs 14.4 ounces.
– The dryer is tiny in size, compact and extremely lightweight hence it is adequate for traveling.
– Its handle folds and this feature totally come in handy when storing the product.
– It does a great job of diffusing large volumes of air and is well suited for straightening hair in a short period of time.
– It has a robust feel to it due to its rubber based housing.
– It has no cool button facility and has only two settings. The lowest setting is still too hot.
– It is difficult to use in situations where the user have to diffuse curls
– Its tiny size implies that it produces small volumes of air thus it takes time to dry hair.
– It gets hot very fast and consequently not very durable since the heat damages internal components.
The overall rating is 4.1 out of 5 stars. The fact that it gets hot very fast might be a drag, but this powerful dryer certainly makes up for it with its stellar diffuser and concentrator.
6. Ionic Dual-Voltage Lightest Travel Hair Dryer
The Ionic travel hair dryer comes in a utilitarian style. It is simple and plain, but will do the trick for your travel needs.
The Ionic travel hair dryer is a very compact 3” x 7” x 3.5” when it is folded down. The weight comes in at 14 ounces. So for as small as it is, the weight is on the heavier side for the travel category of hair dryers.
The design of the Ionic hair dryer makes a statement that it isn’t about looks, it is about quality. It is a matte silver and black finish that looks very plain. If style is a key feature for you, then this is probably not the hair dryer for you.
The Ionic does have the power of a full size hair dryer. For the travel size hair dryer this is a huge feature, especially if you need the strength of a full size hair dryer. This does contribute to the weight of the machine. It also features an ionizer to reduce hair damage.
The Ionic travel hair dryer has an great rating on Amazon. Reviewers have found the hair dryer is very powerful and is now their everyday hair dryer. The dual voltages settings have worked overseas and at home. People like the lower price for this unit over its competitors. Some reviews are claiming it is the best lightweight hair dryer they have ever owned. The Amazon rating reflects these positive reviews, coming in at 4.3 out of 5 stars with 90% of the reviews being 5 stars. If this lightweight compact travel hair dryer is for you, purchase it here.
7. Hair Dryer Foldable: T3 Featherweight Compact
The T3 hair dryer has a unique one of a kind folding handle that allows it to be stowed away with ease. It features proprietary T3 Tourmaline and Ceramic technology and additional state of the art Soft Aire technology that allows the dryer to generate high volumes of air at relatively slow and gentle speeds.
The dryer generates negative ions and far infrared heat that ensure a highly enriched and classic hair finish. The air flow exits the T3 dryer in a wide conical fashion thus enabling it to dry large sections of hair in a relatively short time.
It has dual voltage capabilities and this allows it to be used anywhere in the world. The T3 hair dryer package includes a concentrator and the dryer is built using high quality materials and it has a scratch resistant surface.
It comes with a convenient 9 foot long cord and has a portable stylish tote bag. Its overall dimensions are 9 x 4 x 9.8 inches and it weighs 1.8 pounds.
– The dryer has a relatively low noise ambient level and thus operates quietly
– It dries hair quite fast
– Its long and flexible cord allows users to enjoy maneuverability.
– Its diffuser attachments do not fit tightly enough to the hair dryer
– The hair dryer is steeply priced and is relatively expensive
The hair dryers has received surprisingly high overall customer ratings of 4.6 out of 5 stars and is quite expensive, however the dryer is definitely worth it because of its unique SoftAire feature.
8. Small Hair Dryer: Conair 1875 Watt
The Conair 1875 hair dryer is powerful. This petite styling machine distributes the strength of a full size hair dryer. So whether on the go or at home this machine will provide the strength necessary for your hair.
The Conair 1875 is a small 4.7 x 9.1 x 3.2 inches with a foldable handle to easily stowaway. Weighing a single pound doesn’t make it the lightest compact hair dryer on the market, but it is by no means is too heavy.
The Conair 1875 lives up to the image of other conair products. It is finished for a silver brushed steel appearance with a bold navy Conair 1875 logo on the side.
The Conair 1875 key feature is having the strength of a full size hair dryer. It also has an ionizer for negative ions to give your hair a smooth finish. The drawbacks to this hair dryer is the limited settings. It only has a high and low setting with the off switch between them. If you don’t need more setting, but do need the full size hair dryer strength, this is a good option for your travels.
Amazon reviews have been mostly positive. People are purchasing the Conair based on the full size strength of this machine. Most people are ditching their full sized hair dryer in favor of the Conair 1875. This is a huge compliment for a compact hair dryer. Amazon rating comes in at 4.3 and you can check it out by following the link below.
9. Lightest Travel Hair Dryer: T3 Featherweight Journey Dryer
The T3 featherweight hair dryer is compact and lightweight and best suited for travel applications. It has a convenient folding handle.
Its dual voltage capability allows it to be used anywhere in the world. It has overall dimensions of 3.5 x 9 x 9 inches and it weighs 2 pounds.
– The hair dryer does not confer significant damage to user’s hair
– The dryer is too expensive
– The T3 hair dryer heats up a lot and may not be a durable product.
– Its excessive heating makes it a dangerous product prone to electrical fires.
The T3 featherweight is clearly a poor quality product as it has received an overall customer rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars and is too expensive. The dryer is light enough for travel but could definitely do with some more useful features.
10. Sedu Revolution Pro Ionic Travel Hair Dryer
It has ceramic and tourmaline technology that ensure healthy hair with a great glossy look. It has two speed settings with a cool shot option.
It has dual voltage capabilities and can be used anywhere in the world. It has a detachable concentrator nozzle. It weighs 1.6 pounds and a power rating of 1200 watts
– It is relatively more powerful than other hair dryers in its price range.
– It dries hair very quickly.
– Its ionic feature allows it to produce desirable results.
– It is great for use with curly hair
– The power cord supplied with the dryer is quite weak and susceptible to damage
– It has a weak handle.
– It is prone to dangerous electrical fire hazards due to its poor construction.
It has an overall customer rating of a measly 3.5 out of 5 stars. The Sedu packs more power than other dryers and is a fast hair dryer, however it is quite expensive considering the dryers lackluster construction and handling.
Hair Dryer Buying Guide
Traveling involves carrying a lot of luggage and adding a heavy dryer only makes traveling less fun. You can prevent this by looking for the smallest and easily fold-able travel dryer. This folding mechanism will allow the dryer to be able to fit into the smaller pockets of your bag for easy transport.
Each continent has different electrical outputs and voltage. These countries also use different plug types and these plugs may require adapters that step up or step down the current to avoid a big mess by burning your brand new portable dryer. In the United States, electricity voltage runs at 110 volts whereas Africa, Asia, Europe and South America have a standard 220 volt output at the socket.
Every home hair dryer has a high wattage level and travel hair dryer diffusers, due to their smaller sizes tend to have smaller wattage. This will affect the overall performance therefore it is wise to seek out a travel dryer with a wattage that closely resembles your home dryer. Low wattage dryers are relatively the best for persons with short hair while high wattage dryers’ work wonders for the long haired individuals.
It is advisable to choose a dryer that is labeled as dual voltage and has a voltage switch. This will work in all zones and if the dryer does not come with one, you can always purchase a voltage converter.
Types Of Hair Dryers And How To Choose The Best Travel Blow Dryer
Frizz is unattractive to some and the best way to avoid it is by seeking a travel dryer that has ceramic elements. Such dryers are fairly more expensive but certainly do the trick when it comes to eliminating frizz. It is important to choose Ionic travel hair dryer diffusers as they give out the best drying speeds and guarantee smooth results.
A dryer that has Tourmaline will dry hair much faster and will leave hair glossy and shiny. For those who have tightly curled hair, dryers with diffusers are the best option especially if the dryer is included with Cool shot which will help in protection from overheating.
All said and done, the best travel hair dryers come packed with powerful features and technologies while considering portability and function. To make an informed decision, consider the destination, power source, frequency of use and the hair styles that you will apply. The right hair dryer will fulfill both men and women’s beauty needs while allowing the travelers to enjoy their exhilarating travel experiences with ease.